The Volunteer Portal is a resource for current CRPL Volunteers.
Click on the links below for handouts from prior Treats & Training meetings.
- AmeriCorps VISTA Recruitment
- Vote for Summer Dare Everywhere volunteers for United Way Outstanding Volunteer Awards by Friday, April 7: https://www.uweci.org/get-involved/nonprofit/volunteer-recognition/volunteer-awards/vote4volunteers/
- VicTouch Training – see top of the right column of this webpage
- Interlibrary Loan website: https://dev.crlibrary.org/library-services/ill-request-form/
- Library Card Drive Information
- Adopt-A-Shelf Job Description
- Adopt-A-Shelf Job Duties List & Training Information
- Holds Hunter Scavenger Hunt
- Media Maintenance Pop Quiz
- Summer Dare Tabloid
- Summer Volunteer Opportunities
- For scheduled or planned absences: email Jessica & Lindsey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For unscheduled absences/late arrivals: call the CRPL Absentee Line at 319-739-0495 and leave a message.
- This is especially important if it is an evening, weekend, or last minute absence!
- When calling to report an absence, please:
- State your name and that you are a volunteer.
- State your volunteer role, shift, and library location.
- Speak clearly and slowly – maybe repeat important information! We need to understand your message to relay it properly.
- If possible, please call before 8am Monday-Saturday and 12pm Sunday.
VicNet Log In
Use the library’s VicNet site to view or edit your schedule, update your contact information, see messages from the volunteer team, and view your service history. Click here for a training video.
VicTouch Training Tools
VicTouch is the library’s touchscreen volunteer sign-in system. It imports volunteer service hours directly into the library’s volunteer database. VicTouch stations are located at both the Downtown Library and Ladd Library. Here are some training resources for using VicTouch. If you have any questions, please contact Jessica or Lindsey.
Volunteer Annual Report
Each year, we publish a Volunteer Annual Report. This provides an overview of the impact of volunteers at the Library during that year. Thank you for being an important part of our past achievements, a meaningful contributor to our present success, and an invaluable part of our future! We would not be the Library we are today without the gifts of time and talent from our volunteers.
- 2019 Volunteer Annual Report
- 2018 Volunteer Annual Report
- 2017 Volunteer Annual Report
- 2016 Volunteer Annual Report
- 2015 Volunteer Annual Report
- 2014 Volunteer Annual Report
2020 Volunteer Program Communications Survey Results – In June 2020, a survey was sent to active volunteers to evaluate the effectiveness of the Volunteer Program’s communications. This report reviews the results of the survey.
2015 Volunteer Survey Report – In early 2015, a survey was sent to active volunteers to evaluate the program and the volunteer experience, and ways to improve both. This report reviews the results of the survey and outlines Action Items for staff to move forward with growing the program and enriching the volunteer experience. Our Action Items were a direct result of your comments. Thank you for helping us advance our program’s mission of developing exceptional volunteer opportunities to support and enrich the library through community engagement.