Whether your child is gumming the pages of board books or reading chapter books, sharing stories is a timeless way to ensure your child develops a life-long love of reading. November is National Family Literacy Month and a wonderful opportunity to celebrate reading and learning together.
Celebrate National Family Literacy Month in these simple ways:
- Get everyone in the family a library card!
- Take regular trips to the Library for new items.
- Have books around the house and model reading in front of children.
- Read together as a family 30 minutes a day.
- Have a family book discussion or start a virtual book club with friends.
However you choose to celebrate, the Library is here for you!